Out of hours Service

When practice is closed, all day at weekends and on bank holidays your call will be redirected to the NHS 111 service.

Other Local Services


You can visit any pharmacist when you have a common health problem that does not require being seen by a doctor or nurse.

They can provide advice on common illnesses such as coughs and colds, including the best medicine to treat them.

The nearest pharmacies can be found in our Prescriptions and Medicines Centre.

Walk-in Centre

Open 07:00-21:00, 7 days a week when you cannot get to your GP surgery.

The nearest walk in centre is Norwich Walk in Centre at Rouen House, Rouen Road, Norwich, NR1 1RB.

Minor Injuries Unit (MIU)

The nearest MIU is at Cromer. This service is run by experienced emergency nurse practitioners who can independently see and treat all forms of minor injury.

The MUI can see patients over 1 year old with:

  • Minor head injuries (with no loss of consciousness)
  • Simple wounds
  • Minor burns
  • Soft tissue injury
  • Bites and stings
  • Simple fractures
  • Finger dislocations

The MIU can be located at Cromer and District Hospital, Mill Road, Cromer NR27 0BQ.

Accident and Emergency Department

A&E departments and telephone 999 should only be used in a critical or life-threatening situation. They provide immediate emergency care for people who show symptoms of serious illness or are badly injured such as:

  • Unconsciousness
  • Heavy blood loss
  • A deep wound or stab
  • A suspected heart attack or stroke
  • Difficulty breathing
  • Severe burns
  • Severe allergic reaction
  • Suspected broken bones
  • Your nearest A&E department is at:

Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital, Colney Lane, Norwich, NR4 7UY.


In a genuine emergency you should call 999 and ask for an ambulance.
Chest pains and / or shortness of breath constitute as an emergency.